Saturday, November 30, 2013

My official invitation is going out to all who want to come and visit me on January 18 2014 at Orca Books in Olympia Wa. I will be doing a book signing and reading. Event starts at 3:00 pm. I would love to see you all there even if you have already purchased my book feel free to bring it in for me to sign or just come in so I can see your smiling faces in the crowd. I need to say thank you to Larry for allowing me to bring you all into the store and for giving me my first book event. I also want to say thank you to all of my friends and family for their continued support.
I am so freaking excited. Woo Hoo.


http://www.orcabooks.com/event/saturday-january-18th-300pm-renata-kell

https://www.facebook.com/events/545134905569095/

Saturday, January 18th, 3:00pm -- Renata Kell

01/18/2014 3:00 pm
Orca Books is pleased to welcome Renata Kell to the store on this Saturday afternoon.  Kell is the author of the new memoir Post Trauma: Facing My Pain and Embracing Change.
Post Trauma follows the first two years of a woman who has unknowingly become addicted to prescription pain pills through years of prescriptions. When she reveals this to her family and begins the process of getting clean, her family endures several tragic deaths. Suffering through physical and mental withdrawals, Renata was unable to be supportive and had to rely on her family when they needed her most. Renata Kell reveals the heart-wrenching experiences of her struggle and her family's grief and anger as they step up and inspire her to stay sober. After a period of journaling, Renata's mind began to get clear only for her to have a total mental breakdown. She sought professional help.
Upon discovering her PTSD, Renata went against counselors' advice and wrote down flashbacks of severe physical and sexual childhood abuse. Post Trauma portrays the wounds that led Renata down this dangerous path and the secrets for which, now revealed, she is finally finding healing. This tremendous story of faith reminds of the need to lean on one another and accept the changes in our lives. What could have turned out to be a tragic scenario has become an inspiring tale of a family full of love and determination to save each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment