Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lets keep traditions going.

Today I have been thinking about the whole November thankful thing. I have noticed a lot of people counting down and posting things they are thankful for.

I began to think about traditions and how the old traditions seem to fade away. The only good thing about that is it makes room for new traditions to begin.
In the last few years I have been missing a good old fashion family reunion like when I was a child. It seems that the only family reunion we get is surrounded by tragedy and funerals.
I am glad to say that last night I participated in a new family tradition that started last year after my Niece Nicole passed away.
We decided to go bowling on her birthday and continued that tradition this year.
I love the fact that those who love and miss Nicole are able to get together and have a few laughs share a few tears and miss her together. Just to remember her so that she is never forgotten brings so much peace to me.
Even though it is a sad event it is also a powerful thing to see so many people gather in her honor.
I will always miss her but I hope that we will continue to remember her every year.
To everyone who was there last night thank you for supporting her mom, daughter, sister and all her friends and family.
I love you Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment