Sunday, October 20, 2013

From One Addict to Any One

From One Addict to Any One


When I told you I was an addict I was reaching out for help.
When I told you I was an addict, It gave you permission to be angry, sad, hurt and confused.
When I told you I was sorry I hoped for the forgiveness that I needed.
When I told you I was changing my life and I was making my amends, I hoped you would learn from my mistakes.

When I told you I was an addict it didn't give you permission to use me for an excuse.
When I told you I was an addict it didn't give you permission to make the same mistakes I did.
When I told you I was an addict it was meant to help you not harm you.
When I told you I was an addict it wasn't to give you permission to throw it in my face whenever it hurts.
When I told you I was an addict it wasn't permission to follow in my footsteps.

When I opened up my heart and my arms it was to help break all those chains and set our family free.
When I opened my eyes I saw the hurt on your face and the pain in your heart.
When I admitted my mistakes I witnessed your mistakes.
When I opened my ears I heard your cry for help.

When I try to help you push me away.
When I talk to you I can sense the hurt and pain you are trying to cover, the same way I did.
When you are ready you will have me right here waiting.

Learn from what I have done, Don’t repeat what I have done.
You have too much to live for so why drown out life in a haze.



No comments:

Post a Comment