Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Siblings

Siblings

Watching my children grow up and become adults often makes me laugh. One thing that never changes is that sibling rivalry.  No matter how much they love each other there is always a good old fashion slinging of words every so often.
As children it was you’re a butthead, no you’re the butthead, or I’m going to tell mom and dad you said that.
Then as teenagers it was you suck, no you suck. Or the occasional we think mom and dad can’t hear us and this was the discovery of words like bitch, or penis head, or dick head.  Even threats like I’m going to beat your ass or bring it on your just a pussy.( Pardon the language but I’m sure we’ve all heard worse.)
Now as adults I really can’t say some of the things they sling back and forth but today was humorous as they were threatening bodily harm like gouging out each other eyeballs or punching each other in the face. I watched their eyes and even in aggravated moods they both looked at each other knowing they would never really do what they were saying.
I than began to think back on my sibling and some of the stupid things that came out of our mouths when we would argue and I am still laughing. I could only imagine what our mom was thinking.
Here’s the think we were raised not to talk like that and still did. My children were raised not to talk like that and still do.
What I know for sure is that no matter what we said to each other as children and what my children say to each other the sibling rivalry always plays a backseat to the good old fashion sibling bond that we all have with our brothers and sisters. I always refer to the old saying I can say whatever I want to my family but how dare anyone else say something and hurt them. Love is always stronger than a few knock down drag out mudslinging cat and dog fight between brothers and sisters. Especially sisters they are much more vicious than boys when it comes to slinging words.
I know some of you will look at this and think I am crazy but in all honesty if you have siblings you know exactly what I am talking about.


I love my girls

No comments:

Post a Comment