Saturday, January 19, 2013

This is out of my book

This poem was written during a time that was dark and scary. At the one year anniversary of my Step-sons suicide I found myself having a mental break down. I began group sessions and found myself surrounded my several people who had attempted suicide. I was confused and angry here I was trying to figure out my feelings of loss and yet my heart was reaching out to those who had attempted the same thing. At one point I actually spoke out in anger with them and told them exactly what happens to those Left behind. Rather than get mad at me they thanked me and said that it helped to see what could have happened to there family's if they had succeeded. I don't usually share things from my book but something is compelling me to share this one.





Our spirits come into this world with a beautiful set of wings intended to fly us through life.

Yet so fragile and easily clipped or broken

Powerful enough to heal and grow back but so often ignored.

Sometimes cut off at the base, other times clipped over and over till gone.

We are also granted angles with wings strong enough to carry us.

Angles that come in many forms, such as daughters, sons, spouses, family or friends, maybe even total strangers.

When life has clipped our wings and we find it hard to fly we might try digging a whole and climbing in.

We have a choice, HOLD ON TO OUR ANGLES, and let them fly with us or climb in and give up.

Here’s the problem with climbing in that hole and giving up, we than risk clipping the wings of our angles.

We leave them damaged and broken and searching for their angles.

Even with the power to heal, do we want to take that risk?

What if we are someone’s angle? We are unable to fly for them from inside that hole.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment