Sunday, August 25, 2013

Forgiveness is not a Magic answer for pain

I have been through this in my mind several times.
In life we get hurt and we have to learn to forgive. Forgiveness is essential to healing.
Forgiveness allows us to shed the baggage of hate, anger, and humiliation that comes with someone hurting us.
It allows us to take a good look at the circumstances and see the other side of things.
Forgiveness allows us to make things right with God and our own soul.
Forgiveness is also one of the hardest things to comprehend and allow ourselves to do.

Forgiveness does not magically take away hurt and pain and memories of being hurt.
Forgiveness does not allow us to continue to live in the past.
Forgiveness does not allow us to hang on to the idea of wanting that person or people  to hurt the same.
Forgiveness will not make everything all better.
Forgiveness is hard work and working out issues on your own without throwing it in their face.
Forgiveness is working on your own pain all by yourself and living with your choice to forgive.
Forgiveness is not always understood by others and sometimes even angers others.
Forgiveness is sometimes more for the benefit of the people who have done you wrong.

It will not take away the memories, It will not take away the trust issues, It will not give you instant peace.

It will free up so much energy spent on hate, revenge, hurt, and all the other baggage that comes with being hurt.
It will leave room in your heart to continue to love the way God wants us too and create a place in your heart for healing and understanding.

I know in my heart that I have had to forgive a lot of people including myself for many things and I know that without forgiveness I would not be able to find healing. I also know that what is left behind is the hurt that I now have to sort through all on my own. I find that someday s are better than others and I will always come out ahead if I continue to forgive those who have wronged me in someway. I refuse to let all the mean things in my past control my future.

Forgiveness is not a Magic answer for pain, but it is the beginning to healing.


No comments:

Post a Comment