Thursday, October 31, 2013

I'm not that person anymore????????????????

I'm not even sure how to start this post but I have been giving some thought to something that someone said to me the other day.

To start out I will give you my belief on something. I believe that we can change ourselves an our lives in many ways. We can change our job, our hobbies, our behavior, our friends and even our spouses. We can change how we look at life an how we respond to different life experiences. We can change our looks, our houses, our cars, and any other materiel things. I believe that this is true because I have made many of these changes myself.

What I have not changed is where my heart is . My heart has always been my heart and when I say my heart is true I mean it. I believe that your heart doesn't change. We may think it does or give credit to our heart changing when there is no other explanation for what we are feeling.

The reason I bring this up is after having a conversation with someone who is near and dear to my heart I feel somewhat sad.

It started out as a simple compliment that got my head spinning. I have told this person that a song on the radio reminds me of them. A strong about being strong and good and loving. When this song came on the radio this person turned and looked at me with a sadness that cut deep in my heart. They replied "this song makes me want to cry" When I asked them why they said "that used to be me but I feel like I have let everybody down" I am not that person anymore."

I couldn't respond but since have thought about this and I found myself angry at myself for not having the words right then to say.

If I where to believe that because someone makes a mistake or hurts people from those mistakes that there heart had changed than I would have to question all the years I have known this person. I would have to wonder if everything I knew was a lie or I just didn't know them at all. I would have to take a look at myself and wonder if I was someone else because of my mistakes. I would have to take all the good away and replace it with just that one mistake.

I know that being lost is the hardest thing in the world to feel. I know that owning up to things you have done is just as hard but I also know that making a mistake doesn't change a persons heart. When you are a good person it shows and when you are a person with a heart of gold people stand up and help you find your path. Your brain will deceive your heart when your insides are confused and hurt. I know this person and know they are good and loved and full of love to share. I know they are lost and confused but they always come back to that person that I know and love.

I refuse to believe that they are any different today than when I first met them. Even if this person begged me to believe they weren't the same I would not believe it for a second.

Life can change all it wants to but when your heart is true it is always true.

No comments:

Post a Comment