Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Barrel of Sh**, We All Have one.


A Barrel of Sh**, We All Have one.

 

You know what I’m talking about, that barrel that has been passed down from generation to generation.

Everyone’s barrel is filled up with different Sh**, it may be filled with greed, selfishness, anger, abuse, addiction, neglect, immorality, disrespect, judgment, prejudice, alcoholism, etc.…

You hope by the time you receive the barrel you have learned enough to leave it nailed shut but so often that is not the case.

I managed to keep the lid on my barrel for many years but out of nowhere temptation got the best of me and I opened up my barrel to take a peek.

In a split second I tripped and fell in head first. I stayed in that barrel for years so silently that no one could hear me crying. Finally when I had enough I began to scream out for help and to my surprise God and my Family came running and pulled me out.

They held on so tight that I had a fighting chance at putting the lid back on for good.

Unfortunately I have regrets that I did not get that lid on fast enough or tight enough to prevent my children from looking inside.

Now that I have seen the inside of that barrel I cry for my children who are curious and naive.

My husband and I have anchored ourselves to the Lord and he hangs on to us tight as we stretch out our hands to pull them out. We know he will not let go and we will never give up. With all our prayers we know someday when they are ready they reach up and take our hands. We also know that it is completely up to them but our hands will always be waiting to give them a pull up and hopefully we will be able to completely destroy that barrel so that it will never get passed down again.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment