Thursday, March 14, 2013

Freak Chance or Act of God


Freak Chance or Act of God

I have had several experiences in my life that are unexplained so I will try to share a few of them and you decide.

One day my husband my children and I decided to go to the park and eat lunch. We had a new truck that my husband was very proud of so before we left he had to wash and wax it. He worked on it starting at the crack of dawn. We pile in the truck and headed to the park. First we stopped and got something to eat at the little store just down the street from the park. We then proceeded to go to the park and the only place to park was on the street underneath some trees. My husband immediately started saying I don’t want to park there the birds will poop on my truck. None the less he parked and we headed for the picnic tables. The girls sat with their back to the road and my husband and I sat staring at the truck. It only took about ten minutes before my husband couldn’t take it anymore. He said I have to move the truck. So he went up and moved forward until he was no longer under the tree. Before he made it back to the truck another car pulled up where we parked first. It sat there for only a minute or so and just as it began to pull away we heard a loud snap and a huge tree limb that would have crushed a car fell right where both cars had sat. No kidding.
Then there was the time when my husband and I met at his brother’s house. He had this really old truck with a big motor. He was young and loved to burn the tires in it. I was constantly saying you shouldn’t do that because someone is going to get hurt. But you know the typical guy response. I know what I’m doing. So anyway we were getting ready to leave and he was in front of me in his old truck with my youngest daughter and I had my oldest daughter with me. I had my window cracked about an inch to get some air. Needless to say he proceeded to punch it. Oh and we were leaving a gravel driveway. Before I knew what happened I felt something hit my head really hard. I put my truck in neutral and put the e break on. When I looked at my daughter she started crying and saying mom don’t die. I reached up and felt my head and realized my head was bleeding. The part of this story that is amazing is that a rock somehow found its way through that crack in the window without breaking it and smacked me right upside the head. I was fine but had quite the knot on my head. After about fifteen minutes my husband and daughter returned to see what happened to us. Guess who got an earful.
The most amazing incident that I could tell is when my husband was driving log truck. I road with him quite often when I could. So one day he called and asked if I could get a babysitter for the girls and ride with him to Oregon. I said ok and met him just up the road. It was a normal drive we were in no big hurry and we enjoyed driving down the coast. Then out of the blue we were taking an s like curve in the road and I felt funny. As I turned and looked at my husband he just said “we’re going over”. The look on his face said it all. Neither of us had our seatbelts on for some reason that day. Oh by the way we were loaded with logs. My reaction was to turn and grab ahold of something so I reached for my door because we were going his way. We were on a very busy coast highway. My husband said that just as the truck was tipping a truck was going under us. He said the last thing he saw was the truck clear us and then we slammed down. About this time I flew about six feet and hit the steering wheel and was knocked out, I than landed on my husband who had to hang onto the steering wheel to keep from being sucked out of the truck. He had already busted out his window and his head hit the pavement. Most of the rest of this is things we learned after the fact. Apparently we slid across both lanes and hit an embankment about a foot away from a telephone pole. Then we slid across the road in the other direction and stopped hanging over another embankment.  We were told that had we hit the telephone pole the logs would have come through the cab and likely crushed us. If we had slid a little further we would have gone over the other side and the truck would have rolled once again likely killing us. And beyond anybody’s comprehension not one single car or truck was hit by us or the logs that flew all over the place. And trust me the road was loaded with traffic. Not only was my husband and I both knocked out briefly somehow he managed to hold on to that steering wheel and kept both of us inside that truck. He hung on so hard that when we looked at the truck later the steering wheel was bent completely over. Now I don’t know about you but I know that was an act of God. Don’t get me wrong we both got banged up with scratches and bruises and a few injuries but that’s nothing compared to what could have been

No comments:

Post a Comment