Monday, April 22, 2013

Please Big Brother Tell Me a Lie


  Please Big Brother Tell Me a Lie

My heart is breaking from the truth, so big brother please tell me a lie.
Let my heart be deceived and pretend you are not going to die.
Tell me you’ll take it back and wipe the tears from my face
Tell me I’m being selfish to want to keep you in this place.
I know you are in pain and the end is coming soon
So tell me a lie that will ease my mind and heal my heart
Tell me we won’t soon be apart
Let me believe this is some stupid joke
So that my heart will not be broke
Oh please big brother tell me a lie
Let me go to sleep and dream of tomorrow
Without all these thoughts of sorrow
I don’t want to know that you are sick
I don’t want to accept that you are leaving
I don’t want to think about life without you in it
I don’t want to prepare for your loss
I don’t want to watch you leave
So please big brother tell me a lie.


No comments:

Post a Comment